Ivan Tyrrell worked for many years as a psychotherapist specialising in brief therapy for depression and anxiety. and now spends most of his time lecturing and writing.
In 1997, he co-founded the Human Givens approach and has co-authored numerous best-selling books on mental health and wellbeing, counselling, dreaming, depression, and the origins of creativity and consciousness.
In this interview, we discuss:
- How and why the Human Givens approach was created
- The relationship between dreams, REM sleep and mental health
- How to help a close friend or family member suffering with depression
- The brain’s ‘big bang’ 40,000 years ago and how this affects us today
- Why attention is the key to good emotional health
And a whole lot more.
Key Links, Books and Resources Mentioned
- Human Givens: The new approach to emotional health and clear thinking – Joe Griffin & Ivan Tyrrell
- Godhead: The Brain’s Big Bang – Joe Griffin & Ivan Tyrrell
- The Sufis – Idries Shah