Ivan Tyrrell worked for many years as a psychotherapist specialising in brief therapy for depression and anxiety. and now spends most of his time lecturing and writing.
In 1997, he co-founded the Human Givens approach and has co-authored numerous best-selling books on mental health and wellbeing, counselling, dreaming, depression, and the origins of creativity and consciousness.
In this interview, we discuss:
- How and why the Human Givens approach was created
- The relationship between dreams, REM sleep and mental health
- How to help a close friend or family member suffering with depression
- The brain’s ‘big bang’ 40,000 years ago and how this affects us today
- Why attention is the key to good emotional health
And a whole lot more.
If you are interested in learning more about the Human Givens’ approach, you can find out more information on their website and you can buy their book on Amazon.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Watch on Youtube
- Download as an MP3
Key Links, Books and Resources Mentioned
- Human Givens: The new approach to emotional health and clear thinking – Joe Griffin & Ivan Tyrrell
- Godhead: The Brain’s Big Bang – Joe Griffin & Ivan Tyrrell
- The Sufis – Idries Shah