A full day of talks exploring the science and psychology of spirituality.
Have you ever felt you went beyond your ordinary self and felt connected to something bigger than you?
In a 2016 UK survey, over 84% of respondents (including atheists, agnostics, Christians, and Buddhists) said yes to this question.
So what’s going on?
In this series of talks, we’ll explore the science and psychology of spirituality. We’ll put spiritual ideas to the test of psychological research, and discuss whether science really can offer solutions to some of life’s greatest mysteries.
- The surprising links between the ancient practices of Buddhism and Stoicism, and modern psychotherapy
- The complex harmonies of science and spirituality; how they complement each other and relate to the key transitional challenges that define our era
- The amazing science of out-of-body experiences; whether anything really does leave the body during OBEs, and the profound effects this has on our sense of ‘Self’.
This is an event for anyone who suspects, that in our rapid drive towards secularisation, we might be leaving something valuable behind.
The format will be similar to a TED event, but with in-depth lectures and focused on the science and psychology of spirituality.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm: Session 1
- 12:00 – 1:00pm: Lunch break
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Session 2
- 3:00pm – 3:15pm: Afternoon break
- 3:15pm – 5:00pm: Session 3