Friedrich Nietzsche was a fascinating, eccentric, and sometimes controversial philosopher in the Existential and Nihilist tradition. In this lecture, we will look at his literary works and his personal life, as well as the impact of his legacy on the world.
– How can Nietzsche help us live more authentically?
– Who was he and how did this inform his philosophy?
– What is his legacy – in philosophy, to individuals, and in media?
Together we will translate philosophical theory into life practice, always with a critical lens.
- The Gay Science, Walter Kaufmann (trans.), New York: Vintage, 1974 (1st ed. 1882, 2nd ed. 1887).
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Walter Kaufmann (trans.), New York: Viking, 1954 (1883–5).
- Beyond Good and Evil, Walter Kaufmann (trans.), New York: Vintage, 1966 (1886).