Psy-Links is a weekly dose of the most interesting psychology research, articles and events we are able to dig up online.
To keep updated, you can sign up for the newsletter here.
- Harvard neuroscientist: Meditation not only reduces stress, here’s how it changes your brain
- Genetic Links Found Between Schizophrenia And Cannabis Use
- Can attachment theory help explain the relationship some people have with their “anorexia voice”?
- Researchers at Hong Kong’s Center of Buddhist Studies say the power of chanting is effective when dealing with psychological suffering.
- How Does Neuroscience Explain Spiritual and Religious Experiences?
- The Psychology of Archetypes: An Introduction:
- Evolutionary Psychology & Mental Health – An Interview with the Founder of Compassion Focused Therapy
- Why Psychology Is Essential in a Future Dominated by AI
- Carl Sagan on Science and Spirituality
- A Psychologist And A Neuroscientist Explain Being ‘In The Flow’
- The Compassionate Mind Foundation’s 7th International CFT Conference
- Laughing Matters: humour, jokes and psychotherapy (workshop)
- Psychology of Women & Equalities Section Annual Conference 2018
- Self-Responsibility Therapy (Talk)
- Sexual Abuse & Mental Health – Reducing the impact of abuse on mental health (Conference)
Quotes to Ponder:
“Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.” – Martin Luther King, Jr
“The strength of a person’s spirit can be measured by how much ‘truth’ they can tolerate, or more precisely, to what extent they need to have it diluted, disguised, sweetened, muted, falsified.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
“If science and spirituality go hand in hand I am sure that one can create heaven on this earth.” – M.K. Gandhi