Psy-Links is a weekly dose of the most interesting psychology research, articles and events we are able to dig up online.
To keep updated, you can sign up for the newsletter here.
- Do therapy outcomes improve when clients’ preferences are taken into account?
- Learning by teaching others is the best way to learn: a new study reveals why
- Art therapy has clear effect on severe depression – research finds
- How easy is it for someone else to implant false memories in you?
- Can floatation therapy reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression?
- Psychedelic Psychotherapy is Coming. Who will be included?
- 10 Women Who Changed Psychology
- What Kind Of Parent Are You? The Debate Over ‘Free-Range’ Parenting
- New AI system will help us discover the most effective behaviour change strategies
- Psychotherapy and Issues of Sexuality
- Science & Spirituality at The Weekend University (Day of Talks)
- Introductory Lectures in Psychoanalysis (Lecture Series)
- Introduction to Existential Therapy (Workshop)
- Working with High Intensity States of Consciousness: Ego-disintegration or spiritual breakthrough? (Conference)
- Are Psychedelics and Music the Future of Therapy? (Talk)
Quotes to Ponder
‘Becoming is better than being’ Carol Dweck
‘It seems to me that the good life is not any fixed state. It is not, in my estimation, a state of virtue, or contentment, or nirvana, or happiness. It is not a condition in which the individual is adjusted or fulfilled or actualized. To use psychological terms, it is not a state of drive-reduction, or tension-reduction, or homeostasis. The good life is a process, not a state of being.’ Carl Rogers
‘The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.’ Amelia Earheart