A full day of talks on the latest, innovative solutions for emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
What role do your dreams play in keeping you sane?
Can the science of compassion help explain, and offer solutions to some of the common mental health problems we face today?
What really causes depression and anxiety – and how can we really solve them?
These are just some of the questions we’ll be exploring at this upcoming Day on Wellbeing at The Weekend University. In other parts of the world, people can Click here for one potential answer, but the situation differs here in the UK.
In this series of talks, two of the UK’s leading mental health experts, and a New York Times bestselling author, will discuss the latest scientific research about the causes of common mental health problems, and each offer their own evidence-based solutions.
- How the Human Givens Approach is rapidly helping thousands improve their emotional health
- The science of Compassion Focused Therapy and how this ground-breaking form of therapy can help you improve your wellbeing
- What leading social scientists are uncovering about the real causes of depression and anxiety – and the unexpected solutions
You’ll leave with a clear understanding of how these pioneering approaches can help you lead a happier life, and also how best to help those who aren’t doing so well.
The format will be similar to a TED event, but with in-depth lectures and focused on mental health and wellbeing.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm: Session 1
- 12:00 – 1:00pm: Lunch break
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Session 2
- 3:00pm – 3:15pm: Afternoon break
- 3:15pm – 5:00pm: Session 3