Psychedelics, Music and Meaning: A full day of talks exploring breakthrough approaches to psychotherapy.
Can psychotherapy help you uncover a sense of purpose and meaning in life?
What physiological effects does music have on the human mind?
How is psychedelic-psychotherapy being used to ‘reset’ the brains of those suffering with treatment-resistant depression?
These are just some of the topics the speakers will discuss at ‘A Day on Psychotherapy‘ at The Weekend University. It’ll be a full day of talks exploring the rapidly growing evidence-base for these groundbreaking forms of therapy.
- Meaning-centred psychotherapy; the fascinating science of how meaning is being used in a clinical setting to help people overcome psychological problems, and live a more meaningful, purposeful life
- Music therapy; the latest innovative ways music is used in therapeutic practice to treat mental health problems such as depression and anxiety
- Psychedelic psychotherapy; how these ancient medicines are safely being used in a therapeutic setting to ‘reset the brains’ of those suffering from treatment-resistant depression.
You’ll learn how these insights can improve your own quality of life, but also your ability to help others too. It could help to make all of the difference when it comes to the state of a person’s mind. Whether you decide to implement what you have learnt, or have taken on the idea of knowing the different alternative medications that are on offer to you, such as magic mushrooms, (www.topshelfshrooms.com/), then that choice is entirely yours. It will benefit you in being able to know how to improve your own quality of life, as well as those around you. However, always make sure that these mushrooms are legal in your country. In Canada, these are legal and becoming more a part of society; if you live in Canada and want to delve into the world of magic mushrooms, check out https://cbdandshrooms.com/product-category/magic-mushrooms-dried-goods/ to learn more.
The format will be similar to a TED event, but with in-depth lectures and focused on the theme of Psychotherapy
- 10:00am – 12:00pm: Meaning-Centred Psychotherapy – Dr Joel Vos, PhD
- 12:00 – 1:00pm: Lunch break
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Music Therapy: An Introduction – Dr Helen Odell-Miller, OBE
- 3:00pm – 3:15pm: Afternoon break
- 3:15pm – 5:00pm: Psychedelic Psychotherapy – Dr Robin Carhart-Harriss, PhD
- 5:20pm – 7:00pm: Attendee Social & Networking (Optional)